1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced into 0.5-inch pieces
1 garlic clove, minced
1.25 lbs ground chicken or turkey, mix of white and dark meat for best flavor
taco seasoning of your choice, to taste
1 cup whole cherry tomatoes
1 cup cooked black beans, (approximately ½ can, rinsed & drained)
0.25 cups chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
Optional: Serve with rice
1. In a large 10-inch skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onions and garlic. Sauté until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and sauté, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes and continue to sauté until the tomatoes begin to burst and the chicken is cooked through.
5. Add the black beans and parsley. Stir gently to warm through.